Data for incorporation in this phase of the State Flood Planning effort will close on August 27, 2021. Data submitted after August 27th will be incorporated into the next phase of the flood planning effort.
The Upper Brazos Regional Flood Planning Group will hold a hybrid (in-person/Zoom) public input meeting in Abilene at West Central Texas Council of Governments 3702 loop 322, Abilene, Tx. 79602
The Region 7 Upper Brazos Regional Flood Plan (RFP) Draft addresses the following topics:
- General description of the planning region
- Existing and Future flood risk analyses
- Evaluation and Recommendation of floodplain management practices and goals
- Flood mitigation needs analysis
- Identification and evaluation of potential flood management evaluations, strategies, and projects
- Recommendations of flood management evaluations (FME), flood management strategies (FMS),
and flood mitigation projects (FMP)
- Impacts of the regional flood plan and impacts on water supply
- Flood response information and activities
- Administrative, regulatory, and legislative recommendations
- Flood infrastructure financing analysis
Public Comment may be made during the input meeting on Tuesday September 27, 2022 at 12:00 pm at West Central Texas Council of Governments 3702 Loop 322, Abilene, Tx 79602. Comments may be submitted in person at the meeting, via teleconference or in writing prior to the meeting at the following:
1323 58th Street
Lubbock, TX 79412
Deadline to submit comments on the Draft Regional Flood Plan is October 27, 2022 at 5:00 pm
The Upper Brazos Regional Flood Planning Group held a Zoom meeting on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
The Upper Brazos Regional Flood Planning Group held a Zoom meeting on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 10:00 am.
The Upper Brazos Regional Flood Planning Group held a Zoom meeting on Thursday, January 21, 2021, at 10:00 am.